Where there’s a wound, there may be a scar – and there is almost no surgery without a scar. An ideal surgery would leave no scar, but it often does. Read on to find out more about how to minimize your surgery scars.
- Almost all surgery will leave some form of scarring
- Caring for the wound can help reduce the size and impact of the scar
- Once the wound is healed, you can use scar care products
In this article:
- What are surgery scars?
- How do I care for surgical scars?
- Immediately after surgery (for one to three weeks)
- After wound closure (about a week after surgery)
- When returning to daily activities (about 2 to 3 weeks after surgery)
- Things to remember