The skin is the largest organ of your body as well as the one most exposed to the environment. These are two reasons why it is more than likely that, at some point in your life, you will expose it to either intense heat, UV rays or chemicals – that can cause burns, sunburn and scarring as a result of these. Burn scars can be different from other scars.
- Burns are classified by degrees of severity
- Second- and third-degree burns can leave burn scars
- Burn scarring can even affect mobility of joints
- Take good care of your skin to prevent sunburn
- How do I get burn scars?
- How are burn scars different from other scars?
- Sunburns scars
- Sunburn care – tips and facts